2. Breastfeeding for expectant parents
GET OFF TO A GREAT START
Breastfeeding can be a deeply satisfying and rewarding experience benefiting the whole family. Get off to a great start, by learning what to expect in the early days after your birth. Learn to read your baby’s cues, and together you will establish a special bond. Partners are encouraged to attend.
Please fill out the form below to register for our lactation class. Classes are held virtually. Classes are taught by Beth Shulman, RN. Beth is also available for in-home consultations to address any breastfeeding challenges you may have.
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Anatomy and physiology of lactation
- Establishing a good milk supply, positioning, and latching on
- Common problems/simple solutions: engorgement, sore nipples, mastitis, sleepy babies
- Going back to work; how partners can help; pumping and storing your milk, diet, and frequency of feeding
About the Instructor:
Sarah Murray is a Registered Nurse, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Childbirth Educator and Mother of two. Her work as a birth professional started 21 years ago. She has worked as a Labor & Delivery nurse, pregnancy home care nurse, childbirth educator, and private practice IBCLC. She currently works as a Lactation Consultant at a NYC hospital.
Classes are $185. A $50 discount will be applied for patients who register to both a childbirth and a lactation class.
All requests will be processed according to availability. An office staff will contact the patient to confirm.
All classes are held virtually.
Please note the reimbursement policy: Full reimbursement will be given if registration is canceled 2 weeks before the scheduled class. After 2 weeks, no reimbursement will be given.